10 Ways to Improve Your Outdoor Living Space This Summer
If done properly, an outdoor living space should serve as an extension of your home. It can be a sanctuary where friends and family can gather to enjoy themselves, but this is not often the case. If you are looking to improve your outdoor living space this summer with custom remodeling in San Diego, consider incorporating one of these ten ideas into your plans:
1) Add a Barbecue Station. If grilling is your thing, why not take your barbecue game to the next level with a custom barbecue station? You can even take this a step further and install an entire outdoor kitchen, which features everything from grills and cook-tops to refrigerators and beer taps.
2) Install a Pool. Summers in California can be scorching. This means that many people are forced to stay in their homes instead of enjoying their beautiful outdoor space. By installing a pool in your backyard, you can stay cool without being confined to your air conditioned home.
3) Put Up a Pergola. Pergolas are a great way to establish an outdoor dining area. These not only provide a distinct look, but also offer shade on hot, sunny days. To enhance the look even more you can hang lights or plants from the overhead covering.
4) Construct a Fireplace. Fireplaces often serve as a focal point in homes, but they can play the same role outdoors too. When nights cool off, having a fireplace to gather around can be a great asset.
5) Build a Distinctive Privacy Wall. When you have a relaxing outdoor space, you want to be able to enjoy it without feeling like you’re in a fishbowl. If homes are close together in your area, a privacy wall can be a way to shield your neighbors view while also adding an additional design element to your outdoor space.
6) Create a Dining Area. Families often gather around dining tables, but that doesn’t need to be limited to your dining room. Having a custom dining table built for your outdoor space is a great way to breathe new life into your outdoor space.
7) Establish Levels. Creating varying levels in your outdoor living space is a way to establish distinct areas in your space. Using wooden or metal steps to connect these levels can also add more sophistication to your outdoor living space while allowing separate areas for gathering.
8) Connect the Indoor and Outdoor Spaces. Is there a point in having a gorgeous outdoor living area and view if you aren’t able to enjoy it from inside? A window overlooking your backyard is nice, but custom sliding glass doors can be even better.
9) Install a Fountain. A well designed outdoor living space takes into account all of the senses, even sound. Moving water is about as relaxing as sounds come, which is why installing a fountain can add a touch of calm and serenity to your outdoor area.
10) Decorate. Don’t be afraid to take design aspects that you love about your interior design and continue them outdoors. Stylish throw pillows that add a splash of color or brightly colored paintings can add a unique look to your outdoor space, while also making it feel cozier.
While some of these tasks can be tacked by weekend warriors, larger projects should be left to remodeling contractors in San Diego. At Authentic Designs & Remodeling, we can easily handle projects like these from the design phase to installation. With ADR, you can rest assured that these elements will be constructed properly and simply focus on enjoying your outdoor living space with friends and family this summer.