A Walkthrough With a Twist
If you own a home, you probably recall having a walk-through done prior to the sale so an inspector could make sure there were no structural issues with what would likely be your biggest purchase. That process is extremely important to ensure you don’t end up with a “money pit” somewhere down the line.
At Authentic Designs & Remodeling, we offer a different type of walk-through, one you could think of as a “dream walk-through.” We take a look at your current or prospective home with an eye toward transforming it into the home you want to be in 5 or 10 years down the line. Think the “Property Brothers” minus twins and an emphasis on pithy comments.
The intent of our walk-through — which ideally takes place during the buying process but can be done after you’ve lived there a while — is to take a look at structural and design changes that could be made to enhance the home’s functionality based on the way you live today — and the way you’ll live in the future. You share your dreams with us, and we deliver specifics on if and how it can happen, complete with realistic costs.
Here are a few examples of the kind of issues we address:
- Your kitchen is closed off from the rest of the home. You’d really love a more open floor plan that enhances the home’s flow, makes it look larger and allows the food preparer to be part of the “action” instead of tucked away.
- Your kitchen really doesn’t work for you anymore (or it never did). Maybe you want more counter space, an island, more storage space, updated appliances, a breakfast nook, etc.
- Your bathrooms play homage to the ‘70s or ‘80s. It doesn’t take a Realtor to spot an old bathroom, and there are simply some places where retro doesn’t work. Maybe you want a complete update, or even a spa-like master bath.
- Your family is growing too large for the home, but you really don’t want to move. You’d like to learn the possibilities for adding square footage to your existing home and/or finding ways to make the current space work better for you.
- You love everything about a potential new home except for one “deal-breaker.” This could be just about anything: a too-small kitchen, not enough bedrooms, no bedroom on the ground floor, one less bathroom than you need, etc.
We’ve seen it happen all too often that homeowners have great ideas for making improvements to their home — either at the time of sale or years later — only to learn they don’t have the setbacks to get it done, it’s not structurally possible, it’s prevented by a covenant or its cost is astronomical. By having a dream walk-through, you save yourself the angst of living in a home that doesn’t fully work for you.
Our team will arm you with the facts and figures you need to make smart decisions about home purchases, home renovations, and whether it’s time to sell and find a home that’s better for you and your family. Contact us to schedule your dream walk-through.