Celebrate Independence Day by Building a Guesthouse
The traditional ways of celebrating our nation’s birthday are undoubtedly fireworks; a lot of red, white, and blue; and picnics and barbecues with family and friends. July 4th is just one day, of course, but we’ve come up with a unique way to commemorate independence all year long. How about building a guesthouse?
What does a guesthouse have to do with independence? Let us count the ways:
- You’ll have a dedicated space to host visiting family and friends, which gives both you and them greater personal freedom. By providing a dedicated and self-contained space, you’ll bypass all the issues that can come from too much togetherness.
- You can support your financial independence if you choose to rent out your guesthouse. Go the Airbnb route or advertise for long-term renters if you prefer. Either way, becoming a landlord is a great way to build your nest egg.
- You can move your elderly parents into a guesthouse, keeping them close yet allowing them to retain their independence. This can be an ideal compromise when your folks balk at moving to a senior community but you feel it’s not safe for them to remain in their home.
- You can design a guesthouse as a home office, something that can be especially beneficial if you run a home-based business and don’t care to invite clients into your actual home. It also provides independence from other family members and pets that can distract you from your work.
- You can pursue something you love — such as reading, doing yoga, creating art, recording music, playing video games and anything else you can dream of — by designing a guesthouse that supports that activity. The other members of your family will appreciate gaining independence from your hobby, especially if it’s a noisy one.
- You can add some spice to your relationship by using a guesthouse as a romantic getaway. You and your spouse can enjoy independence in the form of private time, sans children or other interruptions.
- You can design your guesthouse as a man cave, a teen retreat, a craft room or just about anything else you can think of. You’ll gain independence by enjoying a unique environment for escaping everyday life for even an hour or two.
Excited about getting started on your guesthouse? Contact us at Authentic Designs & Remodeling so we can help you plan and then implement your unique design so you can celebrate your independence any time you want.